My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday, May 31, 2010

My_Team_Logo

3 Mixed Martial Arts Logos




Concept Analysis

These logos are to be designed for a Mixed Martial Arts Gym. The proposed names for the team are "Spartans" or "Warriors" which are both based on Greek Mythology. Different elements from the ancient Greek Mythology were used so as to relate the concept to Apollo. As the logo is about Martial Arts, I chose to use the "Warrior" side of Apollo who is also known as the multi-talented God.

Logo 1

The first logo consist of a Spartan's helmet which sits at the top of the design. Spartans were recognized as the overall leaders of the combined Greek forces in the ancient time. They were also great warriors, reputably known for their team spirit as they could battle against very big armies with little amount of soldiers. A martial arts black belt and boxing gloves were placed in the middle. The intention is to balance the design giving it a stable and symmetric look. The top part of the helmet, along with the type at the bottom provide a circular sense of movement to the logo.

Logo 2
Simple logo design with a a dynamic composition with a little sense of depth to it. A warrior's shield positioned in the middle of martial arts belt. The shield is the representation of a big focus at Warriors MMA which is the self-defense. Serif typeface were considered so as to allow a nice old look to the logo design.

Logo 3
At first sight, I believe this logo looks like a badge that would easily fit on the team's uniform. It consists of a shield which is the main element in the design. The team's initials "MW" is purposely drawn as a serif font to decorate the shield. Also, the silhouette of a martial artist was also considered in order to make the design more obvious.

The above logos are to be further developed so as to create a logo that will promote some of the focus as well benefits that the gym provide. Self Confidence, mental/spiritual development, respect and goal setting are some of the benefits provided by the Spartans MMA.

The color palette chosen for the final logo is limited to four colors. The style of the logo will be a simple illustration comprising bold lines with bright colors.

1 comment:

  1. I like both the names, ‘Spartans’ or ‘Warriors’, from what I read in your post about your Greek god, it makes sense and also goes with the sport you chose. I think of all the logos I like the first one the best. I think the idea of the Spartan helmet is good, then with the belt and gloves underneath. This design includes the mythology concept while also relating it back to the sport. Maybe you could also look at the ancient Greek Olympics for inspiration because I think some of the events were wrestling and maybe boxing too, for some other imagery.

    Out of the other shield style logos, I think I like the last one. How you have shown depth in the second one is interesting but I think being a shield, having it flat on a uniform would look better. Also I like how you have the text running around the belt. I like what you’ve done with the typography on the last shield, combining the M and W. With this logo I think to tie it back in with the Greek theme again you could look at ancient Greek weaponry and shields. The shield you have drawn makes me think of a British style, maybe if you used an ancient Greek style you could relate it back to that concept more. You could aldo consider this for the second logo, if you were going to do that. I like how you’ve incorporated the belt into the design of the shield. Maybe you should have Mixed Martial Arts rather then MMA for the last logo, because some people probably don't know what it stands for. You could also consider instead of having the silhouette just using the martial arts related images. P.S. Lisa thinks it looks like a face, a cat in particular.

    I think that with the actual application of the logo the first and last would work best as I’ve said. Experimenting with the spiritual and mental aspect too could be cool, I don’t know how you would do that though. Your proposed style, simple illustration with bold lines would look good I think with your design.

    I hope this is super helpful, and makes sense.

    ReplyDelete